Image Licensing, Posters, Greeting Cards, etc
Dave Butcher black and white photographs are now widely licensed for use on greetings cards, posters, book and magazine illustration and many more. We are continually looking for new partners in this area so if you have a need for a striking black and white image please contact us to discuss the options.
My work is now handled by 2 agents, one mainly for North America and the other mainly for Europe.
In America and Canada my agent is Lisa Fondo (based in New Jersey, USA) who also handles English language calendars, Japanese corporate calendars and puzzles worldwide.
In Europe my agent is Antje Jentsch (based in Frankfurt, Germany) who also handles non-English language calendars and anything else in Europe.
You can either contact them directly using the email hot-links from their names or contact me and I will point you in the right direction. If you want to have a general chat to check if I'm able to supply your needs then of course come to me directly using firstname.lastname@example.org.
Working exclusively in black and white, the photographs of Dave Butcher are available for exclusive or non-exclusive licenses.
- Posters, most types of fine art prints and postcards (exclusively handled by International Graphics Walmsley GmbH but sub-licenses are available for all images in this web Gallery through IGW).
- Other wall-art and fine art prints on silver-gelatin photographic paper, glass, ceramics or scripted,
- Greetings cards
- Book illustrations
- Advertising and PR
- and many more.
File Size and Resolution:
- Most of the black and white photographs in the image library were taken on medium format film.
- Negatives mostly 6 x 6 cm (2.25 x 2.25 in) or 6 x 7 cm (2.25 x 2.75 in). These large negatives gives very high quality image files from scans of the original black and white film negative.
- High resolution film scans use a Nikon Coolscan 9000ED scanner and 4000 dpi, 16 bit, multi-pass sampling.
- After editing and flattening of the layers grey scale image files are usually between 150 Mb and 200 Mb, depending on cropping of the original film negative.
- Image files will be sized to suit applications.
- At 300 dpi a print size of up to 1 metre is achieved without interpolation,
- The largest image so far printed by a client (International Graphics Walmsley GmbH) is 1 m x 1 m.
Image Selection: The images displayed on the Gallery pages are a small selection from my extensive image library. If you don't see what you want or you like an image but would need different cropping or format for your application then please call to discuss the options.
Images on other pages are also available for licensing, such as photographs of a working darkroom, which have already been used to illustrate a book.
Call now or email to discuss your needs with Dave Butcher or Jan Butcher.
Clients and examples of their use include:
|Harman Technology Ltd
Harman Technology is the parent company of Ilford Photo. Harman make the Ilford range of black and white photographic films, papers and chemicals. They have used many Dave Butcher photographs for the advertising and PR of the Ilford range of photographic products. This includes images for large exhibitions and trade shows such as Photokina (Germany), Focus on Imaging (UK) and Photoplus (USA) as well as using them on product packaging.
Two companies now trade under the Ilford name after the original Ilford company had trading difficulties in 2004, was split in two in 2005. Ilford.com is the company that now makes Ilford digital and colour products, based in Switzerland. They have used digital files from scans of my negatives to produce large prints for trade and retail shows, like Photokina in Koln in Germany, to demonstrate the performance of their ink jet products.
|International Graphics Walmsley GmbH
International Graphics Walmsley GmbH publish a range of fine art postcards, prints and posters using my images and sell them worldwide from their base in Eggenstein Germany. They have exclusive use of my images for postcards and poster-style wall art, worldwide, until 2014. IGW can sub-contract for printing onto other media, such as canvas, and for other images that they have not selected for their own range of products.
New View Gifts & Accessories Ltd
New View Gifts and Accessories Ltd. (based in Philadelphia USA) have an exclusive license for an image used in scripted wall-art in North America. The finished item is sold across America through Kohl's department stores.
|Trends International, USA
Trends International used 13 images for a 2013 calendar called "Cities of the World" for sale across the USA and Canada.
|Hallmark Cards Ltd
Hallmark cards use my images for greetings cards on non-exclusive licenses.
Mandala Press, a new publisher of greetings cards in the USA, have the exclusive use of 1 image.
Rotovision Books, made extensive use of my images in the book "B&W Photo Lab: Processing and Printing" by Julian Busselle, 1999.