The Dave Butcher Black and White Photo Library contains tens of thousands of images as archivally processed silver gelatine film negatives, mostly medium format 7x6cm and 6x6cm. These can be printed directly onto traditional darkroom materials or scanned for use in many different applications. visit the gallery...
- Next available 1 day Course for Landscape Photography in Black and White in the Peak District (Goyt Valley, 3 Shire Heads): Saturday 8th June, £150. 3 places available.
- Next available 1 day Darkroom Printing Workshop: Sunday 7th July £160. 1 place available.
- 1-to-1 tuition for 1 to 3 people with Dave Butcher in the Peak District £300 for 1 day, £200 for each additional day - Choose dates to suit you. Other locations available at extra cost. Prices for larger groups available on request.
- 1-to-1 tuition with Dave Butcher, 1 day Peak District photography and 1 day Darkroom processing films and printing £500 - Choose dates to suit you.
- Dave will be in the Gallery in the Gardens with a permanent display of his work, Buxton Pavilion Gardens, 9.30 am to 5 pm:
Wednesday 12th June
Tuesday 25th June
Tuesday 2nd July
- Opposite the Tourist Information Desk. There is a display of about 12 framed photographs and another 200 or so in browsers. Dave Butcher books are sold by the Tourist Information Centre that is in the same area as the gallery.
Meet Dave Butcher in Buxton
Courses, Classes and Lectures
Endorsed by such names as Ilford Photo and Harman Technology, Dave shares his experience by running landscape photography courses, black and white darkroom printing workshops, Ilford Darkroom Masterclasses, 1-to-1 tuition with photo and darkroom courses, lectures and exhibitions. Dave was trained by Ilford Photo in the UK and gives courses to pass on his expertise that has been built up over the years. Find out more on the courses page and the event calendar.
About Dave Butcher
Dave Butcher has over thirty years experience in photography and the photo industry. As an Ilford Master Printer, and probably the last active darkroom printer trained by Ilford Photo, he combines his creative talent with an in-depth technical knowledge of the processes involved in black and white developing and printing to produce distinctively unique prints using traditional darkroom methods and materials.
Working exclusively in black and white to produce stunning landscape photographs and striking city shots his work is widely published in books and magazines. He is the author of the books 'Lake Light - The Lake District Photography of Dave Butcher', 'Peak Light - The Peak District Photography of Dave Butcher' and 'High Light - The Landscape Photography of Dave Butcher'. His images can be seen in numerous advertising and PR projects, and Dave's original black and white pictures are popular with interior designers, businesses and homeowners alike. His prints are also displayed in many private collections worldwide.
You can learn more about Dave Butcher here...
Please visit the gallery here to view or purchase Dave's black and white photographs, available from just £20. You can also visit the gallery at Briarwood in Tunstead Milton in the Derbyshire Peak District just north of Buxton where there is always a huge display of original silver photographs on display and available for immediate purchase. Please call before making a special trip to make sure the gallery is open.
Dave's work is available worldwide through International Graphics Walmsley GmbH and outlets that they supply. His work is also licensed by companies for greetings cards, calendars and other products. He has an agent in the USA and another in Germany to make it easy for you to reach agreement on whatever project you have in mind.
Dave has written four books: